If your passport has been lost or stolen, you must report it immediately. Please follow the steps below to report the passport lost or stolen, and to apply for a new passport.
Schedule an appointment. Please use the online Appointment System to choose a date and time. After you have scheduled an appointment, proceed with the following steps:
Gather the following items to bring to your appointment:
- DS-64 form – complete and print. Sign the form.
- DS-11 application form – complete and print. Do NOT sign the form. You must sign the DS-11 in the presence of the consular officer;
- Two passport photos – 2×2 inches (5 x 5 cm) with a white background. See Photo Requirements.
The appropriate fee – To be paid in U.S. dollars, cash only. If you have the following documents, please bring them to your appointment (usually we are able to process your lost/stolen passport application even if you are unable to present the documents below):
- Proof of U.S. citizenship and a photocopy— a certified copy of U.S. birth certificate, original Naturalization Certificate, or U.S. Certificate of Citizenship;
- Proof of identity and a photocopy – any valid, government-issued ID, including a driver’s license, ID card, or military ID.
Processing time & Passport pick up
Passports are printed in the United States with a secure photo-digitized image of the bearer. You should allow 2-3 weeks for your application to be processed. You will receive an email when your passport is ready to be picked up at the U.S. Embassy Consular Section.
The Consular Section does not mail passports. You – or a person you designate by name with a signed letter – must appear in person to pick up the passport.
If your U.S. passport was lost or stolen and you have immediate travel plans, email ACSMonrovia@state.gov to request an expedited appointment.