Liberia – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel to Liberia due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Liberia due to COVID-19.
Liberia’s State of Emergency has expired. Some transportation options and business operations have resumed; land borders remain closed except to limited commercial traffic. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Liberia.
Exercise increased caution in:
- Urban areas and public beaches due to crime.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Liberia:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s webpage regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Liberia.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Urban Areas and Public Beaches
Violent crime, such as armed robbery, is common. Local police lack the resources to respond effectively to serious crimes.