U.S. Embassy Monrovia informs U.S. citizens that a demonstration is currently gathering near the National Elections Commission headquarters on Tubman Boulevard in Sinkor. Heavy congestion and traffic delays are expected on Tubman Boulevard and the surrounding areas.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Liberia.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Liberia located on 502 Benson Street in Monrovia at (231) 77-677-7000, Monday – Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (231) 77-677-7000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
If you are no longer present in Liberia, you may unsubscribe from these e-mails by cancelling your STEP enrollment at https://step.state.gov/step/.