Location: Decreased availability of gasoline across Liberia
Event: Queues are forming at gasoline stations in and around Monrovia due to a shortage of gasoline. There appears to be very little commercially-available gasoline available outside the capital region. U.S. citizens traveling to Liberia may encounter delays, congestion, and heightened tensions at gasoline stations; delays could affect the timeliness of emergency responders and availability of local transportation. Diesel fuel remains generally available.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid areas of congestion when possible.
- Plan accordingly when visiting local gasoline outlets and avoid confrontations.
- Have a contingency plan for transportation in case of emergency.
- U.S. Embassy Monrovia, Liberia
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter