Event: The Ministry of Health has updated its COVID-19 Traveler’s Protocol. Effective immediately, no COVID test is required to enter Liberia. However, all travelers aged 18 and over must show proof of vaccination upon arrival. Those without proof of vaccination will be returned to their country of embarkation at the traveler´s or airline´s expense. For full details, review the complete Traveler’s Protocol.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the Ministry of Health website for updates. Policies may change quickly with little notice.
- Visit the S. Embassy Monrovia webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Liberia.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for country-specific information related to COVID-19.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including potential COVID vaccine or testing requirements for countries through which you are transiting.
- U.S. Embassy Monrovia, Liberia
502 Benson Street
- +231 77-677-7000
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444