Event: The Liberian Ministry of Health updated its Traveler Protocols effective December 20, 2021. In addition to providing a negative COVID test result before entry and exit, the new protocols state travelers over age 18 entering Liberia must show proof of vaccination. Refer to the Traveler Protocols for details. Protocols are subject to change quickly and with little notice. Travelers should monitor the Ministry of Health website.
The Traveler Protocols encourage all travelers especially those arriving from countries with confirmed Omicron variant, to quarantine for seven days upon arrival. Quarantine may be at travelers’ location in Liberia that is socially distanced from others.
The Traveler Protocols also underscore that correct use of face masks, hand washing, social distancing, and vaccination all reduce the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19.
Actions to Take: ·
- Monitor the Ministry of Health website for updates.
- Policies may change quickly with little notice. ·
- Visit the U.S. Embassy Monrovia webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Liberia. ·
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations. ·
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for country-specific information related to COVID-19.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including potential COVID vaccine or testing requirements for countries you are transiting through.
- U.S. Embassy Monrovia, Liberia
502 Benson Street ·
- +231 77-677-7000
State Department – Consular Affairs