Event: On June 18, 2021, the Ministry of Health revised its COVID-19 National Guidelines due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases being reported in Liberia. The new guidelines include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Passengers who have been present in India, Pakistan, or Bangladesh within the last 14 days will not be allowed entry into Liberia
- Mask-wearing and handwashing are mandatory in public, as well as social distancing of at least three feet
- Gatherings of more than 20 persons (including parties, weddings, and funerals) are not allowed; gatherings of under 20 persons must follow the mitigation protocols above
- Persons who have tested positive for COVID-19 and their contacts are required to comply with the guidelines of health authorities and related health rules, such as keeping telephone lines open, self-quarantine, submission to quarantine or observation measures, and adherence to medical advice
Refer to the complete COVID-19 National Guidelines at https://bit.ly/3cScIx8.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Liberia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Monrovia
502 Benson Street
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4717 or 202-501-4444