Ask a COVID-19 Question
- Liberia has confirmed COVID-19 within its borders. On June 22, 2020, the President of Liberia announced a 30-day extension of restrictions, with some revisions, intended to halt the spread of COVID-19 in the country. Details and updates on the restrictions and current closures are available at the Executive Mansion website.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- With the resumption of commercial flight operations at Roberts International Airport (RIA) on June 28, the Ministry of Information, Culture, and Tourism announced the following health measures and protocols for arriving passengers:
- All passengers will be required to have their temperature taken for symptoms of COVID-19 and register via phone numbers/USSD Mobile App.
- All arriving passengers who have been tested at point of departure must present a valid negative result document on arrival at RIA.
- All arriving passengers who have not been tested at point of departure will be required to take a rapid test and a PCR swab at airport.
a. In the event of a positive rapid test result, the passenger will be placed in the holding unit at the airport pending the final PCR test result.
b. Passengers having negative test results will be allowed to go home pending final PCR test. There will be continued symptom monitoring via USSD and Mobile App.
- Departing passengers:
- All passengers are to arrive four hours before check-in time.
- All passengers must wear a face mask.
- Only ticketed passengers will be allowed entry into the airport.
- All passengers entering the airport gate will be subject to mandatory screening.
- All passengers will be required to wash their hands.
- Passengers will be required to stand in marked spaces within the terminal area.
- The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 (“Do Not Travel”) Health Advisory for COVID-19.
- All arriving passengers who have not been tested at point of departure will be required to take a rapid test and a PCR swab at airport. In the event of a positive rapid test result, the passenger will be placed in the holding unit at the airport pending the final PCR test result.
Entering the United States:
- For information about entry into the United States for U.S. citizens, please visit the S. Department of State website. U.S. visa holders and lawful permanent residents should refer to the Department of Homeland Security for the latest travel restrictions that may apply to you, including the March 11 Presidential Proclamation implementing restrictions for travelers present in the Schengen area (which includes transiting via Brussels) within 14 days of attempted entry to the United States. In addition, non-immigrant and immigrant visa holders should be aware of the April 22 Presidential Proclamation and the new June 22 Presidential Proclamation also on the DHS website.
Repatriation Flight Information:
- At this time, no repatriation flights are scheduled. Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at http://step.state.gov to receive email updates.
- Ministry of Information, Culture, and Tourism
- National Public Health Institute of Liberia
- Liberian Ministry of Health web page
- Executive Mansion website