- Liberia has confirmed COVID-19 within its borders.
Evacuation Flight Information:
- To be considered for a flight, you must follow these directions. Do not come to the embassy or airport unless instructed to do so.
- Complete the online form at this link: https://forms.office.com/. You will receive a response “Thanks! Your response was submitted.”
- Print and complete PAGE ONE (do not sign) of the promissory note (a promise to repay the cost of approximately $1300 at a later date) at https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds5528.PDF
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at http://step.state.gov. You will receive an automated email confirming your enrollment in STEP.
- Check your email frequently.
- Bring your promissory note to the Embassy only when you receive an email instructing you to do so.
- If a flight is announced and you are eligible for it, we will send you a confirmation email with flight details. If you do not receive a confirmation email, you will be considered for any future flights. Please do not resubmit your information.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- On March 22, 2020, the Liberian Ministry of Health released a Declaration of National Health Emergency regarding measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Liberia. The language of the Declaration is available here. The Declaration includes the closure of Roberts International Airport (with limited exceptions) on March 23, 2020, at 11:59 PM.
- Any persons entering Liberia are first seen by a health team before going through immigration.
- Prior to the March 23 closure of the airport, the government of Liberia had implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Visit the website of National Public Health Institute of Liberia (NPHIL) for additional information on these measures.
- On March 22, 2020, the Liberian Ministry of Health released a Declaration of National Health Emergency regarding the potential for COVID-19 in Liberia. The language of the Declaration is available here. The Declaration announces school closures and restrictions on public gatherings in Montserrado and Margibi counties, as well as the closure of Roberts International Airport (with limited exceptions) as of March 23 at 11:59 PM.
- The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.