Application Deadline is July 31, 2019
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship is a United States Government-funded program initiated in 1978 to honor the memory and accomplishments of the late Senator and Vice President, H.H. Humphrey;
The program is dedicated to mid-career professionals, providing an opportunity to go to the United States to participant in one-year of graduate-level non-degree study at a U.S. College or University with related practical professional experience;
Fellowships are granted competitively to professional candidates committed to serving the public good through work in both the public and the private sectors;
The program provides a basis for establishing long-lasting productive partnerships and relationships between citizens of the United States and their professional counterparts in other countries, fostering an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Must be a Liberian citizen;
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree;
- Must have at least FIVE YEARS of progressive professional experience following degree;
- Must have a commitment to public service in a wide variety of fields;
- Must have good English language proficiency (TOEFL scores no lower than 525/paper based or 195/computer based).
WHO CANNOT APPLY?
- Recent graduates (even if they have significant positions);
- Faculty members with no management responsibilities;
- Individuals with recent or third country experience (more than 6 months within the last 5 years); or
- Individuals with dual U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Finance and Banking
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Law and Human Rights
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Trafficking in Persons,Policy and Prevention
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching of English as aForeign Language
- Public Health Policy andManagement
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
Qualified Applicants should apply online at: https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey
For additional information contact:
Public Diplomacy Section
U.S. Embassy, Monrovia