U.S. Embassy Monrovia is looking for female entrepreneurs to join our first Academy for Women Entrepreneurs!
The Academy of Women Entrepreneurs (https://eca.state.gov/awe) is a U.S. Department of State initiative to provide women entrepreneurs with the skills, resources, and networks needed to start and scale successful businesses. The first Liberia cohort of AWE will meet during the summer of 2021. The Academy will take place over approximately a 12-week period.
Eligible female entrepreneurs interested in participating must apply by completing the below application. The application can be filled out digitally, saved as either a Word document or PDF and emailed to MonroviaPD@state.gov along with a one-page business profile/plan. It can also be printed, filled out by hand, scanned, and emailed to MonroviaPD@state.gov along with a one-page business profile/plan. Applications are due by the end of the day April 21, 2021.
Applications will be reviewed and screened by a panel. Selected participants will be notified on May 7, 2021.
There is no cost to apply!
- Must be a female entrepreneur between 21 and 45 years of age
- Must be fluent in English
- Must currently be residing in Monrovia and/or its surrounding suburbs
- Must either have a feasible business idea or have a registered business for no more than 2 years
- Must submit a one-page business profile/plan
- Must have the ability to participate in weekly group sessions for approximately 12 weeks
- Must commit to 5+ hours weekly to accomplish designated tasks
- Must have computer literacy and access to a computer
Word format – AWE Application
PDF format – AWE Application
Questions? Send us an email at MonroviaPD@state.gov.