Event: Liberia has confirmed COVID-19 within its borders. On June 5, 2020, the President of Liberia announced a two-week extension, with some revisions, to the precautionary measures intended to halt the spread of COVID-19 in the country. Details and updates on the restrictions and current closures are available at the Executive Mansion website.
The President’s announcement states Roberts International Airport will re-open on June 21, 2020. Prior to the airport’s closure in March, the government of Liberia implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures for incoming passengers. Visit the website of the Liberian Ministry of Health for details on these measures. Note that travelers coming from the United States are subject to quarantine.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 (“Do Not Travel”) Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The U.S. Embassy in Monrovia has no greater priority than the safety and security of U.S. citizens. We have received requests for information regarding repatriation; at this time, there is no confirmed repatriation flight. To be considered for a repatriation flight should one become available, refer to instructions on the Embassy website.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Liberia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Monrovia
502 Benson Street
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Liberia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pg/monrovia.usembassy/posts/