November 4, 2020
Event: Liberia has confirmed COVID-19 within its borders.
COVID-19 tests are no longer administered at SKD Stadium. U.S. citizens may obtain a COVID-19 test through the National Public Health Institute of Liberia (NPHIL) at the Union Center facility in Congotown, From downtown Monrovia going toward the airport on Tubman Boulevard, pass Catholic Junction then turn right at Sophie Junction. Call the Liberian hotline 4455 for details.
Changes to entry and exit requirements may occur without warning. Frequently monitor these websites and check with your airlines for the latest arrival and departure testing requirements, including cost of tests.
- Liberian Ministry of Health
- Liberian Ministry of Health Facebook
- National Public Health Institute of Liberia
- National Public Health Institute of Liberia Facebook
- Ministry of Health Travel Certificate Request Form
- Ministry of Information, Culture, and Tourism Facebook
- Executive Mansion
For entry and exit requirements as of November 4, 2020, visit Embassy webpage on COVID-19.
A July 22 “Revised COVID-19 Declaration of National Health Emergency” promulgates public health laws and protocols to curtail the spread of COVID-19 in Liberia, such as the wearing of face masks in public and at government institutions, practicing social distancing, and washing hands. In addition, the declaration established capacity limits for banks, supermarkets, and public transportation. Refer to the Ministry of Health announcement for full details.
For information about entry into the United States for U.S. citizens, please visit the U.S. Department of State website. U.S. visa holders and lawful permanent residents should refer to the Department of Homeland Security for the latest travel restrictions that may apply to you, including the March 11 Presidential Proclamation implementing restrictions for travelers present in the Schengen area (which includes transiting via Brussels) within 14 days of attempted entry to the United States. In addition, both non-immigrant and immigrant visa holders should be aware of the April 22 Presidential Proclamation and the new June 22 Presidential Proclamation also on the DHS website.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Liberia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States